Official GED Testing Center
NOTICE: Space is limited for remaining testing dates, please register as soon as possible to reserve your space!
The Stonewall Campus is an official GED testing center for Alexandria and Virginia residents, with limited seats available for non-Virginia residents.
- October 23-24, 2013
- November 20-21, 2013
- December 18-19, 2013
Check-In: 2:00 p.m.
Exam Time: 3:00 - 7:30 p.m.
Effective January 1, 2014 the current GED test including all scores and points associated with the 2002 version will EXPIRE! The new 2014 computer based GED test will cost $120, test dates will be announced.
How to Register
- Pre-register online at ged123.org.
- Register in person prior to the test dates.
- Bring in proof of registration, $58 money order, and government-issued photo ID.
If You Have Taken the Exam Before: Bring in your GED transcript, money order ($10 per section), and photo ID.
- Mathematics: 90 minutes
- Language Arts, Writing: 120 minutes
- Science: 80 minutes
- Social Studies: 70 minutes
- Language Arts, Reading: 65 minutes
Classes are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. with GED exam to follow every Friday at 2:30 p.m. See ALC Fees and Programs At-A-Glance for more information.
Official Practice Test,
This test is optional, but is a good indicator of GED exam readiness. No appointment necessary.
Fall 2013 Dates: August 23, September 6, September 20, October 4, October 18, November 1, November 15, December 13
Testing Time: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Please arrive by 8:45 a.m. for check-in)
Bring: photo ID and $15 money order.
Results will be mailed to you and can also be viewed online at ged123.org.
- 410 minimum per section
- 450 minimum battery average
- You must pass the essay to pass the Language Arts, Writing section.
Emergency Closing Policy
- For information, call 703-866-5300 or visit www.acps.k12.va.us/emergency/. If ACPS schools are closed, have early dismissal or have no evening programs, GED testing is canceled.
- If Wednesday tests are canceled, those sections will instead be given that Friday.
- If Thursday tests are canceled, those sections will instead be given that Friday.
- If both days are canceled, the test will be given the following Wednesday and Thursday.
Transcripts and Certificates
- Copies of GED transcripts can be purchased at the Stonewall Campus. Bring photo ID and $5 money order.
- Copies of GED Certificates must be requested through the Virginia Department of Education. (download form)
With a high school credential, more doors open - to a better job, college, and the respect you deserve. The current version of the GED® test is expiring at the end of 2013.
Please call 703-461-4197 (or 703-824-6845 after 5 p.m.) for more information.