General Education Development (GED) and Adult Basic Education (ABE) Programs
Adult Basic Education (ABE) or pre-GED classes prepare students for GED level classes and basic literacy in the following subject areas:
- Reading comprehension for social studies, science and literature
- Writing skills
The GED preparatory program prepares students to take the GED exam:
- Structured, short term sessions to prepare adults for the GED test
- A review of math, writing skills, and reading techniques to develop critical thinking skills for science, social studies and literature
Dates: Monday, April 8, 2013 to Friday, June 21, 2013
|Time||Math/Science||Language/Social Studies||Computer Lab|
|8:45 to 9:45 a.m.||ABE Math, Room 20||Computer Lab, Room 27|
|9:50 to 10:50 a.m.||GED Math, Room 20||ABE Lang., Room 25||Computer Lab, Room 27|
|10:55 to 11:55 a.m.||ABE Math, Room 20||GED Lang., Room 25||Computer Lab, Room 27|
|12:00 to 1:00 p.m.||ABE Lang., Room 25||Computer Lab, Room 27|
- Math and Language class placement are determined by testing.
- All students are required to attend a Math, a Language, and a Computer Lab.
- Students may optionally go to Computer Lab for their unscheduled period.
How to Register
Registration Dates and Times:
- Monday, March 18, 2013, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Thursday, March 21, 2013, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Thursday, April 4, 2013, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Bring: Photo ID, Proof of Address, Tuberculosis Test Results (view list of TB testing locations)
Do NOT bring children. They are not allowed in testing rooms.
Payment Method: Check or money order ONLY. All fees are non-refundable.
Alexandria City Residents: $65 + book fees
(includes zip codes: 22301, 22302, 22304, 22305, 22311, 22314, & part of 22312)
Non-Residents: $235 + book fees
If a business or agency is paying your tuition fees you must bring documentation on the business or agency letterhead giving us permission to bill them; otherwise the student will be responsible.
Evening Class Schedule:
T.C. Williams and William Ramsay Campuses:
Monday and Wednesday, 6-9 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday, 6-9 p.m.
Evening class registration is closed until Fall 2013.
Please call 703-461-4197 (or 703-824-6845 after 5 p.m.) for more information.