New Jefferson-Houston PreK-8 Project
- Community Engagement Committee Meeting, April 7, 7 p.m.
- Quarterly Community Meeting, May 5, 7 p.m.
UPDATES VIA E-MAIL: To receive official updates from ACPS on the Jefferson-Houston School of the Future, subscribe to our e-mail list.
Note that residents of the neighborhood have set up the JH 200 Ft Club Yahoo Group to share updates. The list conversations may be viewed online. Please note that this Yahoo group is NOT maintained by ACPS.
QUESTIONS? If you have any questions or would like to schedule a tour of the school or construction site, please contact Mark Eisenhour, Principal on Assignment, by phone at 703-965-3418 or 703-772-1072, or by e-mail at .
- Archaeology Report
- Presentation from November 4, 2013 Community Meeting
- Jefferson-Houston School: A Story of Promise
Update: February 28, 2014
- Curtain Wall arrives on March 3. Glazing for the large circular classrooms and the extended learning areas will begin arriving on March 3 for installation. More than 90 percent of the windows have been installed on the project.
- Concrete pads for the transformers will be poured in the future bus loop area and a small slab will be poured above the theatre to help keep the sound from disturbing the library directly above it on the second floor.
- One ground to roof top stairwell is nearly complete and this will better facilitate "hard hat" tours. Note: permission has been granted to provide occasional tours in the afternoon when work is winding down for the day. Attendees will be properly outfitted with hard hats, vests and safety glasses before entering the work site.
- The three story portion is complete and the rest of the new school's roof will be complete before the end of March.