New Jefferson-Houston PreK-8 Project
SAVE THE DATE! Ribbon Cutting and Dedication Ceremony, Friday, September 12 at 10 a.m.
UPDATES VIA E-MAIL: To receive official updates from ACPS on the Jefferson-Houston School of the Future, subscribe to our e-mail list.
Note that residents of the neighborhood have set up the JH 200 Ft Club Yahoo Group to share updates. The list conversations may be viewed online. Please note that this Yahoo group is NOT maintained by ACPS.
QUESTIONS? If you have any questions or would like to schedule a tour of the school or construction site, please contact Mark Eisenhour, Principal on Assignment, by phone at 703-965-3418 or 703-772-1072, or by e-mail at .
- Archaeology Report
- Presentation from February 2014 Community Meeting
- Jefferson-Houston School: A Story of Promise
Update: June 26, 2014
The pace is picking up and we are getting ever closer to opening the new school! The gym exterior is now nearly complete, and the back parking lot is being completely rebuilt and will connect to the recently completed pool parking lot. All of the built in furniture has been installed and desks and chairs are only a couple weeks away. Tour attendees will notice that the air conditioning is functioning, the floors are being polished and final paint colors are being applied throughout the building. Please note the following important information regarding the project:
- There will be no Community Engagement Committee meeting on July 7.
- Also on July 7 the main office staff will be temporarily relocating to the multipurpose room at Mount Vernon Community School until August 15. Special thanks to Mr. Balas at MVCS for accommodating the Jefferson-Houston staff.
- We are distributing much of the existing furniture and technology to other schools over the next several days.
- There will be no tour on July 4.