ACPS 2020: A Strategic Plan for Alexandria's Future
2015-2020 Strategic Goals and Objectives
Adopted June 11, 2015
ACPS 2020 is our roadmap for Alexandria City Public Schools for 2015-2020. It will guide everything that we do as a school division. We want all our ACPS staff, students, families and wider Alexandrian community to be a part of this. The strategic plan only comes to life if we all take it on!
Every student succeeds: Educating lifelong learners and inspiring civic responsibility.
Our students achieve at high levels, are well-rounded, critical thinkers, and have a passion to learn.
ACPS has an engaging and collaborative climate that promotes ethical behavior and values diversity.
ACPS is a vital part of the fabric of our community, and Alexandria residents and businesses take pride in our schools.
We Believe In Educational Excellence
We Believe In High Achievement for All
We Believe In a Culture of Collaboration
We Believe In Continuous Improvement and Accountability
We Believe In Environmental Stewardship
- Academic Excellence and Educational Equity: Every student will be academically successful and prepared for life, work, and college.
- Family and Community Engagement: ACPS will partner with families and the community in the education of Alexandria's youth.
- An Exemplary Staff: ACPS will recruit, develop, support, and retain a staff that meets the needs of every student.
- Facilities and the Learning Environment: ACPS will provide optimal and equitable learning environments.
- Health and Wellness: ACPS will promote efforts to enable students to be healthy and ready to learn.
- Effective and Efficient Operations: ACPS will be efficient, effective, and transparent in its business operations.