Mission, Vision and Goals
- Imagine, working with professional artists from local and international museums, art galleries, opera companies, theatres, and performing arts centers
- Imagine, participating in workshops that increase personal awareness and inspire individual creativity
- Imagine, getting a standing ovation after reciting an original poem or performing an original work
- Imagine, more students being prepared to audition for and receive arts scholarships
- Imagine, having that one experience to awaken intrinsic motivation that can change a life forever
The answer is ACPS Center for the Arts!
The creation of a world-class arts center where more students, teachers, administrators and the community of Alexandria will have the opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of how arts creates more meaning to the human existence. They will become more global thinkers; contributing to society from an artistic perspective while developing, nurturing and celebrating innovation, determination, creativity and imagination through real life experiences with renowned artists, actors, dancers, musicians, singers, poets and other leading professionals from around the world.
- To provide an opportunity to help teachers and students develop the ability to respond to and reflect on the sensory, emotional, and intellectual qualities of the arts.
- Examine various cultural perspectives, the factors that shape aesthetic responses, how they relate to knowing, how they relate to understanding, and how they feel about the world.
- Listening to, responding to, and evaluating the work of artists through workshops and performance experiences.
- Students will become aware of the contribution of the arts to the quality of the human experience through identification of how the arts can become an object of experience.
- Moving a teacher or student through his/her own existence to experience the effect the arts has on the personal human perspective, human being and moment-to-moment existence.