English Language Learning (ELL)
The Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS) provides a program of language instruction so that students meet the same challenging academic content and student achievement standards that all students are expected to meet while they develop English language proficiency.
Who registers at the ELL Office?
- students who were born outside the United States
(exception: children born outside the United States to parents who are U.S. citizens)
- students, regardless of citizenship or country of birth, who may need the support of the ELL program because they are working toward proficiency in English
ELL Office Location:
ELL Office Mailing Address:
Phone hours: 8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m.
Open to public: 8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.
Student registrations/new sign-ins: 8:30 am. - 2:00 p.m.
(Spanish and Amharic speakers on staff)
ELL Program Information
- ELL Program Features
- Placement and Assessment
- ELL Students and Special Education
- Instructional Program
- Resources for Parents and Guardians
- Title III Parental Notification
- Web Resources for ELL Students
Classes and Workshops
- GWU Evaluation of English Language Learner Programs in ACPS
- ELL Brochure
- Kindergarten Registration Brochure
- Skills to Work On With Your Child in Preparation for Kindergarten:
English | Spanish | Amharic
Foreign Student Exchange Programs
Contact the ELL Office for information related to foreign student exchange programs. Note that ACPS does not accept students on F1 visas.
Director of ELL Services
Alexandria City Public Schools
2000 North Beauregard
Alexandria, Virginia 22311