Anne R. Lipnick Special Education Family Resource Center
We assist parents to become partners in their child's education. Focusing on the child's needs, we promote training parents to be advocates for their children while establishing cooperative partnerships between families and schools.
The Anne R. Lipnick Special Education Family Resource Center is located at T.C. Williams, Minnie Howard Campus Room 134, 3801 West Braddock Road. Please sign in at the main office. Our telephone number is 703-824-6750.
- Contact the PRC
- Web Resources
- Special Education Parent Liaison
- Parent's Guide to Special Education
- Guía de Educación Especial para Padres
The Anne R. Lipnick Special Education Family Resource Center serves the diverse families of children with disabilities in the Alexandria City community. We promote the understanding of the special education process, by conducting free workshops and training sessions. Parent support groups, individual support and consultations are also available. Our services are available at no charge to all residents of Alexandria with children ages 2 to 22, regardless of whether enrolled in public school, private school, preschool, or at home.
At the Family Resource Center you can:
- learn the special education process
- learn how to work collaboratively with the school system
- meet other parents of children with disabilities
- borrow materials from our lending library, available to parents and teachers
- access our resource file, which has information about different disabilities, inclusion, accommodations and adaptations, writing IEPs, and more
- learn about the many different ways special education services can be provided