Please download and read the Emergency Guidelines for Parents and Guardians
Last update: Friday, October 31, 2014 9:21 PM EDT
There are no emergency announcements at this time. ACPS does not post announcements when schools are open as scheduled.
School closing announcements, due to inclement weather, are made in the following order:
- ACPS Hotline: 703-866-5300
- ACPS Emergency E-news: subscribe to this e-mail announcement list via City of Alexandria website*
- ACPS Website: www.acps.k12.va.us
- ACPS-TV, Channel 71 in the City of Alexandria
- Local television and radio stations
Please use your browser's "refresh" or "reload" option each time you visit this page to be certain you are viewing the latest information.
- Emergency Closings and Delayed Openings Instructions
- Emergency Closing and Delays Flier
- School Safety and Crisis Resources
- ACPS Emergency Management and Information Guides
- Policies for ACPS Cab and Out-of-District Bus Transportation of Students during Inclement Weather
* For emergency announcements, e-mail notifications are sent out as soon as decisions are reached but Internet conditions can significantly delay their arrival. Being on the notification list is not a substitute for monitoring your local media (newspapers, radio, TV and so on) in situations where a delay in opening or school closing is an obvious possibility (such as when the weather forecast calls for snow). The ACPS information hotline, 703-866-5300, is updated even before any media calls are made.