According to Virginia law, your child must be five years old on or before September 30. To complete your child's registration, you must have the following documents:
- Child's original birth certificate (a copy will be made in the school office).
- Proof that the adult registering the child is the parent or legal guardian (name on birth certificate matches the parent's picture ID or court documents of legal custody).
- Two different documents each proving Alexandria City residency (such as a rent receipt, lease agreement, current* utility or land line phone bill, or personal property tax receipt).
- Official school records from another school system or country, if applicable and available.
- Medical information that includes immunization records as well as a physical examination and a tuberculosis screening done within the 12 months prior to starting school.
* Current refers to documents no more than two months old.