According to Virginia law, your child must be five years old on or before September 30. When you come to school to register your child, please bring ALL of the required documents.
- Original Birth Certificate (or a Certified Birth Certificate)
- Proof of Guardianship (proof that the adult registering the child is the parent/legal guardian). Name on birth certificate should match the parent/guardian picture ID or court documents of legal custody.
- Official school records from another school system or country, if applicable and available.
- Medical information that includes immunization records as well as a physical examination and a tuberculosis screening done within the 12 months prior to starting school.
Proof of Residency
You MUST submit any ONE of the following documents for verification of current residency; they must be dated within the past 60 days, and only originals are accepted (no copies):
- Lease agreement or rent receipt
- Mortgage contract or payment receipt
and ONE of the following documents:
- Utility bill (water, gas, electric, cable, or landline phone)
- Personal property tax bill or receipt
NOTES: A driver's license or state-issued ID does NOT serve as valid proof of residency. If you reside with someone else, you will be required to complete the ACPS Residency Affidavit and submit a copy of the householder's lease agreement and a utility bill.