We appreciate your interest in serving as a volunteer for Alexandria City Public Schools! The involvement of parents, volunteers and others in the community who serve as a resource to schools is fundamentally important to the success of school programs. ACPS uses KeepnTrack screening system to help ensure students' safety. KeepnTrack screens all visitors/volunteers including parents, PTA members, community members and vendors.
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer Application
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Outstanding Volunteer Awards Program
- Visitor Procedures: English | Español | Amharic | Arabic
- Volunteer Code of Conduct:
English | Español
- Volunteer Handbook:
English | Español | Amharic | Arabic
Volunteer Application Process
The following outlines the application process for ACPS volunteers:
- Complete and submit the volunteer application at https://alexandria.keepntrack.com/apply. A background check will be performed on all applicants. The process is free of charge to volunteers. ACPS is investing in this service as part of its commitment to provide a safe and secure environment for students.
- Approved volunteers will receive an authorization email directing them to the ACPS Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Center located at 1340 Braddock Place to complete the verification process. Volunteers must bring a driver's license or government issued identification.
- An ACPS Volunteer Badge and key fob, each with a barcode and ID number, will be issued to volunteers through the FACE Center.
- Volunteers are expected to wear their badge and use the key fob to sign in and out.
- Volunteers will be notified one month prior to the expiration of their approval date and a request will be made to run a new background check. If the volunteer is interested in continuing to volunteer, he/she must respond with written consent. A new background check will then be run. Upon approval, the existing volunteer badge will be re-validated for an additional one year period. The volunteer will receive an email notice.
Volunteer Verification Processing Office
Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Center
Alexandria City Public Schools
1340 Braddock Place, 7th Floor
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
Hours: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (by appointment)
For more information call 703-619-8055, or contact Linda Rodriguez at or Krishna Leyva at .