Why work for the Alexandria City Public Schools?
ACPS is one of the most promising school divisions in Virginia.
With more than 2,500 employees and a history of excellence going back more than 100 years, we are a rising leader in the pk-12 educational field.
While well-established, ACPS is also a friendly place to work. It offers generous benefits and opportunities for enrichment, both professional and personal.
As employers, we care about the development of the total person because we know that our strength lies within our people. At ACPS, we are developing a selection of rewarding career paths. And if you're energetic, curious and love to help students learn, you'll also find something more.
You'll find yourself exploring an entire range of activities, from football games to musical performances to scholarly lectures to walks in historic colonial sites. Alexandria is known for its natural beauty, historic architecture and moderate weather — less the occasional snow storm! At ACPS, you'll find a rewarding career in the heart of pathbreaking work in the field of public education plus a whole way of life in a vibrant, dynamic and progessive communitty.
Here at ten reasons to join ACPS:
- Cap of small class sizes - 20, 22 and 24 at elementary schools
- Modern facilities - Setting "green" standard
- Outstanding Parent Teacher Associations
- Stable budget - best in nation
- Collaborative learning environment for teachers
- Salary-step increases past three years
- Supportive central office staff in business and academics
- Cutting-edge technology and help desk team
- Job stability - No massive layoffs
- Great city and diverse community who support education
We are a division that is making a real difference in the lives of students. If you are committed to excellence in education, join us today.