Anyone can measure the rain; we build arks.
The mission of the Department of Accountability is to:
- carry out the administrative and logistical functions necessary to implement the standardized testing program
- compile and analyze standardized testing results for use by individual schools, the division, and the Alexandria community
- monitor and evaluate programs and services to improve the quality and effectiveness of instruction and assistance offered to students
- provide in-service training to ACPS staff and the broader community in the use of test and evaluation data
- provide expert consultation to staff on evaluation and research designs, survey/questionnaire construction, data analysis, and statistics
- continue to carry out the increasing responsibilities related to the No Child Left Behind Act, as well as to extant state and local accountability systems