Welcome to Middle School at ACPS!
ACPS invited parents and community members to share their feedback about the middle school experience. Please read a summary of the comments and actionable items.
- Meilin Jao Selected as New Hammond Principal
- Video: Meet New Principal Meilin Jao
- Francis C. Hammond Principal Leadership Profile Report
- Jesse Mazur Selected as New George Washington Principal
- Video: Meet New Principal Jesse Mazur
- George Washington Principal Leadership Profile Report
Witness Excellence in Action
ACPS is dedicated to providing an excellent education to all students. It is a priority for ACPS to cultivate a middle school environment that supports academic achievement, positive social development and student personalization. Beginning in School Year 2014-15, ACPS will focus on these areas at our two middle schools through exemplary vision, leadership across the campuses, implementation of ACPS curriculum, school climate, and accountability. While middle school can be exciting both academically and socially, it is also more demanding and can influence the lives of students profoundly. The middle school years are an important time for students as they find themselves between childhood and adolescence.
Every child deserves a champion. The success of our students, their futures, requires each of us to be a champion. ACPS is committed to championing our middle schools and helping our students achieve a smooth transition into secondary education. As we move forward with an enhanced middle school structure, we invite you to come to school with us, get involved in education and witness Excellence in Action.
- About our Middle Schools
- Work Group Background and Meeting Documents
- School Board Meetings and Work Sessions on Middle Schools
- Feb. 21, 2014: Alexandria City School Board Votes on New Future for Middle Schools
- Feb. 6, 2014: The Future of Middle Schools
Move Up with Us
Send questions to email@example.com.