Communications and Public Relations
Communications and Public Relations contributes to increased student achievement by providing information that promotes parental and community support and involvement. Information is provided through a variety of media and languages, as appropriate for the community and parent populations of Alexandria.
- Ensure student success by disseminating information leading to increased parent and community involvement and higher student achievement.
- Increase community support and resources for ACPS by sharing success stories and promoting the school division.
- Educate target audiences about important issues in education that affect Alexandria students. Explain complicated matters such as No Child Left Behind in a way that makes sense to most people.
- Effectively relay school closing and emergency information.
- Work closely with various groups to collaboratively accomplish these objectives.
Kelly L. Alexander
Director, Communications and Public Relations
Alexandria City Public Schools
2000 North Beauregard Street
Alexandria, Virginia 22311