Pre-registration for the 2015-2016 school year will begin on February 23, 2015.
Classes are held at John Adams, William Ramsay, and Patrick Henry Elementary Schools, and Jefferson-Houston School.
Requirements for VPI Classes:
- Child must be four years old by September 30.
- Child must reside in the City of Alexandria.
- Pre-register at the ELL Office, where income eligibility will be verified.
Description of VPI classes for four-year-old students:
- FREE preschool program offered through ACPS.
- Full day classes from 8:00 a.m. to 2:35 p.m.
- Certified teachers with degrees in early childhood education.
- Play-based curriculum with emphasis on facilitating language development, social skills, problem solving skills, and physical development.
- Literacy, math, science, social studies, art, music and physical activities are incorporated into all aspects of the daily routine.
Breakfast and lunch provided.