Classes are held at John Adams, William Ramsay, and Patrick Henry Elementary Schools, and Jefferson-Houston School.
Requirements for VPI Classes:
- Child must be four years old by September 30.
- Priority given to children living within the attendance zone of one of the providing schools.
- Register through the Campagna Center where income eligibility will be verified. The Campagna Center is located at 418 S. Washington St., Alexandria, VA 22314. Please call Leslie at 703-549-0111 x107 to schedule an appointment or for more information.
- Once determined to be eligible, complete registration process through the providing school or the ELL office if English is not the primary language spoken in the home.
- Priority given to children who have had no formal early childhood school experiences.
Description of VPI classes for four-year-old students:
- FREE preschool program offered through ACPS.
- Full day classes from 8:00 a.m. to 2:35 p.m.
- Certified teachers with degrees in early childhood education.
- Play-based curriculum with emphasis on facilitating language development, social skills, problem solving skills, and physical development.
- Literacy, math, science, social studies, art, music and physical activities are incorporated into all aspects of the daily routine.
- Breakfast and lunch provided.
- Curriculum resources include Opening the World of Learning (OWLS), Everyday Math, and Handwriting without Tears.