Student Services, Alternative Programs and Equity
View list of Alexandria City Mental Health/Emergency Resources.
The Student Services, Alternative Programs and Equity staff works to ensure that success happens for every child, every day. These professionals are committed to delivering the promise of the School Board's commitment to the academic, social, physical and emotional well-being and progress of each and every student.
ACPS serves students with extraordinary talents and extraordinary needs. Using a cross-disciplinary approach to holistic services for students and their families, the professionals in the Student Services, Alternative Programs and Equity arena address the physical health, psychological, counseling and social work needs of ACPS students and families. Continuous increases in enrollment and in the particular social-emotional needs of our students and families dramatically impact the requirements on these professionals. They deliver essential services with expertise, compassion and a commitment to positive results for each and every student.
- Alternative Education Programs
- Alternative Programs and Equity
- Bullying Prevention in ACPS
- Crisis Intervention/Bereavement Guidelines
- Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Center
- Homebound Instruction
- Homeless Education
- Interning with ACPS
- Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS)
- Positive School Attendance and Truancy Prevention
- School Counseling
- School Health
- School Social Workers
- Section 504 Information
- Student Code of Conduct
- Suicide Prevention/Intervention Guidelines
Julie A. Crawford, Ed.D.