We have compiled this Back-to-School Guide with the information you need to start your school year strong! This page will be updated with new information as it becomes available, so check back soon.
School begins on Tuesday, Sept. 4 for all schools following the traditional academic calendar (PDF). Samuel W. Tucker Elementary School follows a modified academic calendar (PDF) and starts on August 2.
New to ACPS?
- Learn how to enroll your child
- Visit your school's website to learn more about your school community and to stay up-to-date
- Review the ACPS 2020 Strategic Plan
- Read through the ACPS Student Code of Conduct
- Get Back-to-School Night Dates and School Supply Lists
- View school calendars on your school's website
- Learn about changes to school walk zones for 2018-19 and read the Frequently Asked Questions about transportation eligibility for 2018-19
- Review the TDAP immunization requirement for rising sixth-grade students
- See the Middle School Summer Reading Project Requirements: English | Spanish | Amharic | Arabic (PDFs)
School Meals and Nutrition Information
- Access the free and reduced lunch application
- Read about how to add funds to a student's lunch account
- View school menus and nutrition information