School Safety Patrol Program
The job of a safety patrol is to protect students by enforcing hallway rules on their way to and from the classroom. They also serve as models for younger children, who look up to them. Only students in 5th grade can serve as a safety partol. Students are nominated by their 4th grade teachers and classmates.
To be a Safety Patrol one must:
• Look, act and be alert.
• Report for duty on time.
• Always set a good example. Know and practice safe walking tips.
• Perform your patrol duties faithfully.
• Be neat and clean while on duty.
• Be dependable and trustworthy.
• Be courteous and polite at all times.
• Treat others as you would like to be treated.
• Wear your belt proudly.
• Remind classmates of safe walking rules without being bossy.
• Obey rules of the patrol school