School News & Announcements
Fall 2020 Reopening Survey
As ACPS works to reopen schools, it is critical that we continue to seek feedback from our community - staff, students, families, and community partners - so that we can collectively put forth our very best ideas and solutions for what is achievable.
Please take in consideration the following information:
- No response today is permanent; we just want your current perspective to assist in our planning.
- Seeking two-way communication to inform planning efforts for reopening schools.
- 2 reopening models being considered hybrid or 100% virtual.
- Understand this is an ever-changing global pandemic and we need to stay flexible.
- There will be additional feedback loops.
Please complete our Reopening Survey before July 13. Survey is available in English, Spanish, Arabic, and Amharic.
Summer Bridge Program is to prepare students for the middle school dual language program in order to reach a high level of academic achievement, bilingualism, and bi-literacy in a safe and engaing learning environment. Additionally, it prepares students to maximize their potential in a multicultural, diverse global society.
Please click on Summer Bridge Program(pdf) for detailed information.
Favor abra el documento Programa Puente de Verano(pdf) para obtener información detallada.
Dual Language Summer School
The Mount Vernon Dual Language Program's mission is to provide an enriched bilingual, biliterate, and culturally competent educational experience for all students.
Virtual Language Academy
Date: July 6-July 24 Time: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Cost: Free
Please see Summer Language Academy Schedule (pdf)
Academia Virtual de Lenguaje
Fecha: julio 6-julio 24 Horario: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Tarifa: Gratis
Favor vea el Horario de la Academia de Lenguaje de Verano (pdf)