The Office of Curriculum Design and Instructional Services facilitates and provides direction to the ongoing process of curriculum design, content delivery, instructional practices, implementation, and evaluation.
The staff ensures that all course and grade-level curriculum documents are aligned with the Virginia Standards of Learning (SOLs) and conform to the curriculum framework adopted by ACPS. This office is also responsible for all aspects of textbook and instructional materials acquisition, distribution and inventory.
- Design and development of all ACPS curriculum guides and support resources
- Alignment of ACPS curriculum with division Strategic Plan and Multi-Tier System of Supports (MTSS)
- Collaboration between teams to address the needs of all learners, including English learners, special education, talented and gifted, and free/reduced meals recipients
- Facilitation of all aspects of textbook acquisition and distribution
- Customized services including lesson design, data analysis, modeling and coaching in best practices, and content-based professional development
See all Staff Curriculum Resources on Canvas.
Humanities Team (Fine Arts, Health/PE/FLE, Social Studies, and World Languages)
Tanja Mayer-Harding, Coordinator
Literacy Team (Elementary/Secondary Language Arts, and K-3 TAG)
Cynthia McDougal, Coordinator
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Team (Elementary/Secondary Mathematics and Science)
Julia Neufer, Coordinator