Volunteer Application Process
- Individuals 18 and older must complete and submit the Volunteer Application. A background check will be performed on all applicants. The process is free of charge to volunteers. ACPS is investing in this service as part of its commitment to provide a safe and secure environment for students.
- A background check will then be completed.
- Once approved, you will receive an email with additional information and next steps. One of those next steps is a verification check before receiving your volunteer badge.
- After those steps are completed, you are an official ACPS volunteer!
- Always use your volunteer card at the designated kiosk located at each school to sign in and out.
- Please make certain to always visibly display the printed volunteer sticker while on school property.
- Volunteers will be notified one month prior to the expiration of their approval date and a request will be made to run a new background check. If the volunteer is interested in continuing to volunteer, he/she must respond with written consent. A new background check will then be run.
- Upon approval, the existing volunteer badge will be re-validated for an additional one year period. The volunteer will receive an email notice.
WE VALUE YOU!
Whether you are a professional looking to share your time or talent, a community member wanting to give back, or a parent looking to support your child's school, we are thankful for your interest in volunteering with ACPS. Volunteers offer a huge resource and support base for ACPS while showing students the importance of education. We use the KeepnTrack application and screening system to help ensure students' and staff safety. In order to perform volunteer work within ACPS departments/schools, you must first complete and submit the online ACPS volunteer application below. A criminal and sex offender background check will be performed.
If you have any questions or need additional information please contact:
Office of Community Partnerships and Engagement