Targeted Facilities Assessments
A team of expert consultants spent the summer of 2019 conducting assessments of high needs buildings in the Alexandria City Public Schools division. The resulting draft report (PDF) prioritized repairs and improvements that are needed urgently as well as those that can wait an additional year or two. ACPS will be requesting funding to address the needs and follow through on the recommendations in the upcoming budget cycle.
The schools that were highlighted for upgrades include:
- Francis C. Hammond Middle School
- George Washington Middle School
- Cora Kelly School for Math, Science and Technology
- George Mason Elementary School
- Naomi L. Brooks Elementary School
In addition, the ACPS Transportation Facility was added to the list of those buildings in need of urgent attention.