A Message From Our Nurse
For the health of your child, other students, and school staff, it is important to know when your child should stay home due to illness. Students should stay home if they have had one or more of the following symptoms:
- Fever of 100°F or higher in the last 24 hours
- Undiagnosed rash that is accompanied by fever or itching
- Bad cough or difficulty breathing
- Vomiting or diarrhea within the past 24 hours
- Sore throat, with fever or swollen glands in the neck
- Symptoms of being sick such as being unusually tired, fussy, pale or had difficulty waking
If your child has strep throat or another bacterial infection, he/she should stay home until the antibiotic has been given for at least 24 hours and your health care provider has given permission for your child to return to school. We encourage you to seek medical attention when your child is sick and to follow your health care provider's recommendations about returning to school and other social activities.
School Nurse Policies
Please review the following helpful information from our school nurse to help keep our school healthy.