Children’s birthdays are recognized by their classroom teacher during the morning circle.
Birthday parties are not permitted during the instructional day.
In keeping with the ACPS Student Wellness Policy (JHCF) and allergy concerns, outside food is not permitted to be shared with students.
We require that birthday celebrations are recognized through other means. Some suggestions for parents may include:
- Small goodie bags filled with non-food novelties such as erasers, pencils, and stickers
- Balloon bouquet for student
- Buy something for the classroom
- Read a story to the class
- Provide a disposable crown for the day
- Donate a book to the school library in honor of your child.