School nurses are not considered part of the employees medical triage. Employees are encouraged to use good judgment in remaining at the work site when ill.
Employees who have the following symptoms should closely assess their own ability to work:
- Fever of 101 or higher in the last 24 hours without medication
- Undiagnosed rash that is accompanied by fever or itching
- Frequent coughing or difficulty breathing
- Vomiting or diarrhea within the past 24 hours
- Sore throat, with fever or swollen glands in the neck
- Symptoms of being sick such as being unusually tired, irritable, or weak
- Any symptoms related to a mental health crisis
For more information, refer to the Staff Sickness Policy (PDF).