College and Career Planning for Juniors and Seniors During COVID-19
The current COVID-19 school closures have affected not only ACPS, but also colleges and universities, military recruitment, and employment opportunities.
The resources below will support students who are in the Class of 2021 and beyond who are looking for updated information to help them explore and make decisions.
Where to Start:
- View the college and career planning resources in Naviance through ACPS.
- View the T.C. Williams College and Career Website or the T.C. Williams School Counseling Canvas site (ACPS Canvas Login Required)
- Contact the Scholarship Fund of Alexandria (SFA) at firstname.lastname@example.org. The SFA works with TC students year-round and specializes in providing one-on-one help with college and financial aid advising. The SFA offers Zoom office hours and Zoom appointments to support students during the current COVID-19 closure and over the summer.
- Students enrolled in the Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) system may receive additional support through their AVID elective teacher and AVID Counselor.
- Students enrolled in the Peer Forward Program will receive additional support through this ACPS course for Seniors.
- Students enrolled in career and technical education (CTE) courses can get information, particularly about state licenses and industry certifications needed for future employment, from their teachers.
The resources below will not address every scenario or situation. Students and families should always feel free to contact their School Counselor at T.C. Williams High School or Chance For Change Academy as well as the College and Career Counselor at T.C. Williams High School and the Scholarship Fund of Alexandria with additional questions.
Class of 2021 and Beyond