Staffing for Summer Learning
ACPS staff will undergo Professional Learning to prepare them for Summer Learning for All on June 28 and June 29.
Summer Learning for All will be staffed by:
- A Summer Learning Coordinator who will collaborate and support principals and coordinators, manage summer school operations, and ensure plans are in place for student and staff accountability
- Summer School Principals/Coordinators who will monitor classes, supervise teachers, and answer parent questions
- Teachers who will teach, mentor and coach students.
- Counselors who will conduct Social Emotional Academic Learning (SEAL), provide mental health support, and coordinate and verify the requirements of any students who are graduating in August of 2021
- Additional mental health supports: Psychologists and social workers are on call.
Staff Schedule for Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 4
- Monday-Thursday, teachers will work from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Summer programs will be taught by a summer school teacher and not a student’s class/homeroom teacher.
Staff Schedule for Grades 5-12
Staff will be expected to support students during their online classes.
- 5th-8th grade teachers and Boost teachers: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday-Thursday
- New credit and credit recovery courses: 7:45 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Monday-Friday