Staffing for Summer Learning through Engagement and Enrichment For All
ACPS staff will undergo Professional Learning to prepare them for Summer Learning For All on June 23 and June 24.
Summer Learning For All will be staffed by:
- A Summer Learning Coordinator who will collaborate and support principals and coordinators; manage summer school operations; and ensure plans are in place for student and staff accountability.
- Summer School Principals/Coordinators who will monitor classes; supervise teachers; and answer parent questions.
- Teachers who will teach, mentor, and coach students.
- Counselors who will conduct Social Emotional Academic Learning (SEAL); provide mental health support; and coordinate and verify the requirements of any students who are graduating in August of 2020.
- Additional mental health supports: Psychologists and social workers are on call.
Staff Schedule for Kindergarten through Grade 4:
- Monday-Thursday teachers will host a class meeting online and will be available for office hours from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for K-Grade 4. Grade 5 office hours are from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m..
- Monday-Thursday, teachers will host a class meeting online from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. and will be available for office hours 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Teacher work hours: Two hours per day Monday-Thursday for a total of eight hours per week with no teacher-student interaction on Fridays. All live Zoom lessons will be recorded.
- A Summer School Hotline will be available Monday-Thursday during summer school. Summer programs will be taught by a summer schoolteacher and not a student’s class/homeroom teacher.
Staff Schedule for Grades 5-12
Staff will be expected to support students during their online classes.
Boost teachers 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. Monday - Thursday
New credit and credit recovery courses 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Monday - Friday
If you experience an issue accessing information in specific documents posted on our website, or require further assistance or explanation, please call the Office of Communications at 703-619-8003 or 1-888-862-8265, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make any document accessible on request within 72 hours.