New Student Registration for Grades 1-12

new students
  • All registration steps, including the enrollment form and providing documentation, must be completed for a child to be able to start school.


    How to Enroll

    1. Find your zoned school

     If you don’t know the school for which you are zoned, use the Attendance Zone Locator to find your school.

    2. Gather the required documents.

    3. Complete the enrollment forms.

    Complete the Online Student Registration Form for 2020-21 in English | Español  


    Download and print an enrollment packet in English (PDF) | Español (PDF) | Amharic (PDF) | Arabic (PDF).

    4. In-person verification of the required documents.

    chool registrar contacts family to set up a document review appointment. School offices will be opening on a rolling basis over the next few weeks. Students may begin school virtually prior to all documents being submitted, however they must submit the online registration form.  English Learner students can make an appointment with the English Learner Student Registration Site


    English Learner Student Registration Site

    English Learner Student



  • Need Help?

    School registrars can help you complete the process. Please email the registrar at your child’s zoned/new school if you need assistance or have questions.

    Students with a primary home language other than English may contact the Office of English Learner Services at 703-619-8022 or for assistance in completing the online forms.


    ADA accommodations

    If you need ADA accommodations, please call the Department of Student Services, Alternative Programs and Equity at 703-619-8034.