Department of Facilities and Operations
The Department of Facilities and Operations is inclusive of six distinct offices that provide various support services for the division. These services include new construction and facility modernization, maintenance and custodial services, safety and security operations, bus transportation and fleet maintenance, and school nutrition services.
Our mission is to provide optimal, equitable, and safe learning environments for all students, staff, and visitors.
Office of Capital Programs, Planning, and Design
Office of Educational Facilities
Office of Maintenance and Custodial Services
Office of Pupil Transportation and Fleet Management
Office of Safety and Security Services
Office of School Nutrition Services
Vanessa J. Dueñas
Administrative Assistant II
Our Focus for 2025
In an effort to advance the 2025 Strategic Plan, “Equity for All”, the Department of Facilities and Operations is committed to:
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders and engaging families in an effort to support the education delivered to students;
- Developing specific practices, protocols, and programs within school campuses that promote safety, security, optimal maintenance and cleanliness, care of Division facilities, and healthfulness;
- Ensuring that messaging and guidance surrounding our operations is proactive, accessible, translated, engaging, recognizable, and updated;
- Instituting a regularly scheduled school/student training to encourage good stewardship of our facilities;
- Providing safe, modern, and instructionally sound facilities and buses for all students and staff;
- Continuing to modernize school facilities at the elementary, middle, and high school levels based on an ongoing facilities condition assessment program;
- Addressing all action steps of the Division’s facility plan within audit-identified timelines;
- Conducting an evaluation of school transportation with a focus on timeliness and safety of buses.