Inclement Weather Emergencies
School closing announcements due to inclement weather are publicized in the following ways:
- ACPS Website
- ACPS Social Media: Facebook | Twitter
- ACPS Social Media en español: Facebook | Twitter
- City of Alexandria eNews: subscribe to this email announcement list via City of Alexandria website
- ACPS Hotline: 703-866-5300
- ACPS-TV, Channel 71 in the City of Alexandria
- Local television and radio stations
In the case of other emergencies, information will be announced as early as possible. Parents should make arrangements for the care of their children.
When schools close early or for the entire day, all after-school activities and athletic events are canceled for the day.
THE OPENING OR CLOSING OF THE FEDERAL OR ALEXANDRIA CITY GOVERNMENT DOES NOT CAUSE THE OPENING OR CLOSING OF SCHOOLS.
The ACPS Office of Communications coordinates all emergency communication. During an emergency situation, Communications serves as the liaison between the schools and the public/media. If you have questions regarding the handling of emergency procedures, please contact the Office of Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Head Start and Early Head Start programs, see the Campagna Center's inclement weather policy.