The Superintendent's Recommendation
Superintendent Dr. Gregory C. Hutchings, Jr. recommends that the School Board approve the renaming of T.C. Williams High School and Matthew Maury Elementary School; empower the Superintendent to seek the community's input and nominations in accordance with Regulation FF-R, and develop naming recommendations for Board approval in spring 2021. The new names would become effective at the start of the 2021- 22 School Year.
On November 16, 2020, the following information was presented to the School Board:
- The Superintendent's Recommendation on Renaming Memo (PDF)
- The Superintendent's Recommendation on Renaming Presentation (PDF)
- Estimated Costs for Renaming T.C. Williams High School (PDF)
- Estimated Costs for Renaming Matthew Maury Elementary School (PDF)
- Report on Community Engagement (PDF)