How to Access ACHS School Counseling College Planning Resources
- Log into "PowerSchool Parent Access"
- PowerSchool Parent login, create an account, reset the password, troubleshoot
- ACPS Parent Canvas orientation, tips, info (including how to update Canvas notifications; a great way to make sure you receive posts for your child’s/children’s grade level)
- If you have more than one ACPS student, top left, click on the appropriate student
- Then (top left) click “Link to Canvas” - this takes you to your student's Canvas dashboard. There are two ways for parents to access the college planning resources:
- Option 1: Click your student’s Counselor’s/School Counseling page, then (upper left) click on School Counseling & College & Career Center Resources; you will land at the School Counseling Resource Center
- Option 2: Click on the Student Resources page, then click on School Counseling, you will land at the School Counseling Resource Center
- Review the “Resources”, with special attention to:
- Naviance How-To Videos: Naviance helps students (as early as middle school) research and plan for college, careers, and life readiness AND helps seniors manage the college application process.
- Naviance is only accessible via an ACPS student account.
- Naviance is the link between students/their college application(s), their school counselor, and all the colleges to which they are applying!
- Parents & students should watch the “Naviance Student Tour & Overview” to learn how to navigate Naviance & review key features.
- College Application Tools: Checklists, guides, and important links (especially the link "Information Specifically For Titan Seniors")
Students can also access these resources from their student account:
- Students access all platforms (PowerSchool, Canvas, Naviance) via Clever
- Go to their Canvas dashboard, then “School Counseling Resources” OR
- Go to their Canvas dashboard, then “Student Resources”, then “School Counseling”
Other ACHS College Planning & Financial Aid Resources: