ACPS investigates all reports of bullying. Students or parents/guardians of students who have been bullied or witnessed bullying should immediately report such incidents to the school principal or assistant principal. Instances of bullying can also be reported to the building principal. When an incident occurs, the following steps are taken to address the matter:
- A report is generated that outlines the incident and the parties involved.
- A thorough investigation is conducted by the designated site administrator.
- Parents of both the victim and perpetrator are notified of the incident.
- Disciplinary action, if necessary, is taken and enforced by the site administrator.
- The victim and the perpetrator will be provided counseling if needed.
Instances of bullying can be reported to ACPS via the ACPS mobile app tip line. Tips can be anonymous, however, providing as much information as possible will assist ACPS in investigating the instance of bullying.
Alexandria Safe Place is the City's 24 hour hotline to report bullying or crisis events. To access immediate help and support for young people (age 5-18) call 703-746-5400.