The ACPS budget is funded in three parts.
The Operating Budget: This funds the annual operating costs for the school division. Almost 87% of this budget is made up of staff salaries. It also includes healthcare costs and benefits. The reminder of this budget covers school and department operating costs.
The Combined Funds Budget: This is the name given the Operating Budget once it has grant funding and federal nutrition funding included.
The Capital Improvement Program Budget: This budget is always separate from the Combined Funds Budget. It funds capital improvements and modernization projects. This budget also includes funding for textbooks.
Board Budget Priorities And Areas of Focus
The budget is based on Board Budget Priorities. The Superintendent develops Focus Areas based on these Board Budget Priorities.
Budget Documents and Key Information
The Alexandria City School Board will hold a virtual public hearing on the FY 2022-2031 Capital Improvement Program (CIP) and the FY 2022 Combined Funds Budgets at the virtual School Board Meeting held on October 1, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. The deadline to sign up to speak at the Budget Public Hearing or submit written public comments is September 30, 2020 at noon. For more information, please contact the Clerk of the Board at 703-619-8316 or by email at email@example.com .
Watch the FY2022 Community Budget Forum held on October 19, 2020
- Chart of Accounts Book Revised July 2020 (PDF)
- FY 2022 Budget Planning Manual as of September 2020 (PDF)
- Send Us Your Budget Comments and Questions
- Sign up to Speak to the School Board
- FY 2021 Combined Funds Budget Priorities
- FY 2022 Budget Process Resolution & Rules of Engagement
- School Board Budget Questions and Responses as of January 31, 2020 (PDF)
- School Board Budget Questions and Responses as of May 13, 2020 (PDF)
Budget information for the City of Alexandria can be found on the City of Alexandria website.
Director of Budget, Financial Systems, and Reporting
Assistant Director of Budget
Shelly S. Tsuda
Budget Management Analyst
Business Data Analyst
Capital Program Analyst
Financial Systems and Reporting
Business Systems Analyst