Jefferson-Houston Job Fair
On Saturday April 6, ACPS will provide intent to hire offers to dynamic PreK-8 teachers who are willing to take on the challenges, rigor and excitement of teaching at Jefferson-Houston PreK-8 IB School in the urban setting of old Town, Alexandria.
We want skilled teachers with vision, integrity and passion who genuinely want to make a difference.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Cultural competency
- Problem solvers
- People who can work in an environment with diverse socio-economic backgrounds
- Teachers who embrace the IB philosophy
- Teachers who have worked in urban settings or turn around schools before
IS THIS YOU?
We will be interviewing, reviewing demonstration lessons and hiring the best teachers in our area all on one day.
When: Saturday, April 6, 2019
Where: Jefferson-Houston PreK-8 IB School, 1501 Cameron Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
- Spend some valuable time with us
- Get to know our community
- Bring your best 10 minute lesson to demonstrate to the interview committee
- Allow approximately 90 minutes for the interview process
- Meet the ACPS Superintendent
- Receive an employment offer on the spot
Why Work at Alexandria City Public Schools?
Alexandria City Public Schools invests in people like you!
ACPS is looking for bright, talented individuals with fresh ideas, who love to work and have a passion to succeed. If you are looking for a career that offers challenges and want to work with the best in the field, submit your application and become a part of our winning team.
- ACPS is looking for talented, bilingual teachers who would be interested in relocating to the Washington DC metro area. ACPS will be hosting a job fair at at the Doubletree by Hilton on Saturday, March 30 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. 105 Avenida Jose de Diego, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00914
Applications for all categories of ACPS employment are accepted via online application only. If you do not have access to a personal computer, you may visit our Human Resources office at 1340 Braddock Place, where one will be made available to you.
If you have problems or questions about using our online application, contact our Office of Human Resources at email@example.com or 703-619-8010.
ATTENTION TEACHERS: For full consideration, if you do not already hold a Virginia teaching license, please be sure to upload all your official transcripts and any out-of-state teaching license you hold. Your credentials must be reviewed prior to ACPS making any job offer. Therefore, you must provide the proof of your eligibility for a teaching license.Teach For AmericaACPS is the first school division in Virginia to partner with Teach For America (LINK https://www.teachforamerica.org/). Although ACPS is not a Teach for America school division, this is one other avenue through which we look to find good teachers. This year, the state has provided funding to support the initiative. Teach For America teachers will go through the same hiring processes as other new teachers.
2019 Summer School Opportunities - Employment Guidelines
Equal Employment Policy Statement: The Alexandria City School Board does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, or pregnancy in its programs and activities. Please direct all inquiries regarding ACPS non-discrimination policies and/or report complaints to the Chief Human Resources Officer (Compliance Officer), 1340 Braddock Place, Alexandria, VA 22314, 703-619-8010.