ACPS is recognized by Common Sense Education as a division "committed to creating a culture of digital learning and citizenship". Students in ACPS receive digital citizenship instruction using resources from Common Sense Education's Digital Citizenship Curriculum. These age-appropriate resources cover a wide variety of topics, including Internet safety, information literacy, digital communication, and cyberbullying.
Our Digital Citizenship Vision:
In ACPS, we promote efforts to enable students to be healthy and ready to learn. This includes safe, ethical, and respectful behaviors when interacting with peers and adults in digital environments. We aim for all students to understand the rights, roles, and responsibilities of being digital citizens.
Where can I find more resources to support my child at home?
Families can access the Common Sense Media blog as a way to find resources to support their child.
Information for Parents
- What devices are available for students?
- What applications are available to students?
- How are applications used for learning?
- How does ACPS handle my student's privacy?
- Where can I find digital citizenship resources for my family?