More Than Messages: Download the ParentSquare App to Engage With Your School Community
In August, ACPS launched its new communications platform, ParentSquare, to encourage a stronger school-to-home connection and allow for consistency across all of our schools. All families from prekindergarten through twelfth grade have access to this simple and engaging platform. ParentSquare’s user-friendly layout and all-inclusive suite of communication tools will expand how we are able to reach families and how families are able to engage with us.
ParentSquare is more than messages! In addition to automatically receiving school announcements, absence notifications and urgent alerts, when families sign up for ParentSquare or download the app, you are able to:
- Select your preferred communication method(s): email, text and/or mobile app.
- Decide how often you receive notifications — as messages are sent (Instant) or once a day at 6 p.m. (Daily Digest).
- Send two-way direct messages to teachers and school staff with automated translation.
- Consolidate class, school and division-wide events into one calendar.
- Sign up for parent-teacher conferences.
- Sign digital permission slips.
- View photo albums and digital flyers and files.
- Keep communications from the division, schools, classrooms and activity groups in one centralized place, and much more.
Make sure you are ready to communicate with ACPS throughout the school year! Please download ParentSquare from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store today. You can activate your account by using the cell phone number or email address that is on record in PowerSchool.
As we continue to roll out the platform, we will share a variety of resources to help families and staff use the platform on our website at www.acps.k12.va.us/parentsquare.
- Office of Community Partnerships and Engagement