Save the Date: PTAC, PSAS and ACPS Host Public Safety Forum on Oct. 26, 2022
On Oct. 26, 2022, Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS), Alexandria PTA Council (PTAC) and Parents for Safe Alexandria Schools (PSAS) are hosting a school safety forum for the ACPS community. During this forum, participants will have the opportunity to ask a panel of community experts about what we can all do to help keep our students and staff safe.
Interim Superintendent Dr. Melanie Kay-Wyatt will speak on maintaining safety in our schools and community, the division’s collaboration with the Alexandria Police Department (APD) and how families can work with ACPS to keep students safe. Please note that child-sensitive content will be discussed. Panelists for the forum include:
- ACPS Director of Safety & Security Services John Contreras.
- ACPS Director of School Social Work Faiza Jackson.
- Alexandria Police Department Officer Richard Sandavol.
- Alexandria City Gang Prevention Community Task Force Member Mike Mackey.
- Be SMART Secure Gun Storage Program, Everytown for Gun Safety Andy Corso.
- City of Alexandria's Department of Transportation & Environmental Services Alex Carroll.
The school safety forum will take place in the George Washington Middle School auditorium from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Pizza will also be provided. We ask families to RSVP at https://acps.cc/SafetyForum. The public may also attend the safety forum through Zoom at https://acps.cc/psfonzoom.
Interpretation services will be provided in Amharic, Arabic, Dari and Spanish for both the in-person and virtual events. Learn more by visiting the event’s webpage or by viewing flyers in English, Spanish, Dari, Amharic or Arabic.
- Alexandria PTA Council
- Office of Safety and Security Services