Save the Date: Volunteer to Judge the 2023 Alexandria City Science Fair
Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS) family and community members are invited to serve as judges at the 2023 ACPS Science and Engineering Fair, scheduled for Thurs., Jan. 26, 2023, at Alexandria City High School (ACHS) - King Street Campus (3330 King Street). This year we are excited to return to an in-person event.
The evening’s schedule of events is:
- 5-5:30 p.m. — Judges’ registration and dinner.
- 5:30-6 p.m. — Judges’ orientation (dinner and registration continue).
- 6-8 p.m. — Judging of projects.
- 8-9 p.m. — Judges’ work session and award recommendations (this occurs on a rolling basis as judges finish).
If you are available to join us and serve as a judge, a sign-up form will be made available after Winter Break on the science fair webpage and in ACPS Express.
At the science fair, you will meet a diverse group of young people in Grades 6-12. This includes students who are novice researchers as well as those who are experienced science fair participants. Students often report that their interactions with judges are the most memorable and inspiring part of the science fair.
In case of inclement weather, a make-up date is scheduled for Jan. 31, 2023.
- Community Engagement and Calendar Reminders