School Every Day: ACPS Promotes Positive Attendance in September
September is attendance awareness month and every day counts! Every day that our students are in school on time and ready to learn is an opportunity for their success. To kick off the celebration this month and to promote positive attendance throughout this school year, we will use the hashtag #SchoolEveryDay.
Did you know that attending school regularly and on time is associated with many positive benefits in school and in life? Students who attend school regularly and on time can benefit from the following:
- Developing strong academic and social skills.
- Receiving educational programming that teachers have planned.
- Building strong relationships with teachers and peers.
- Enjoying being a part of the school and classroom community.
- Feeling a sense of pride in their school work and their own learning.
- Participating in the instructional experience with peers.
Regular school attendance can also lead to the following:
- Reading on grade level and excelling above grade level.
- Deepening of comprehension, critical thinking, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Passing and excelling in classes in all subject areas.
- Earning credits towards graduation and development of postsecondary plans.
- Developing positive attendance habits for college, career and life success.
Regular school attendance is one key to success at school and is defined as attending school daily and on time. Because school attendance is so important, please send your child to school every day unless they have a contagious illness or have a fever. If your child has to miss school due to illness, please notify your child’s school.
For more information on attendance, please visit https://www.attendanceworks.org/. Remember — schools, families and community partners each play a role in making sure students are in #SchoolEveryDay. We look forward to working together with you this year!
- Office of Student Services