The High School Project: Educational Programming Community Information and Recording
As we move forward in the academic year, Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS) is excited to share information and key dates for the upcoming community engagement meetings focused on educational programming for The High School Project. A recording from the Oct. 16, 2023, session is now available.
The community engagement meetings are a crucial part of the division’s commitment to fostering strong relationships between our schools, students and families. ACPS values collaboration and open communication which are key to student success. The community meetings will provide an excellent opportunity for ACPS and families to work together in supporting students in their academic journey. The meeting dates are listed below.
Communication regarding educational programming will be shared in three formats: virtual meetings, newsletter and website updates. The agenda for the virtual meetings will include the following:
- Overview of the High School Project: An in-depth presentation about the project, its goals and its significance for student’s education.
- Agenda Topics: During the course of the year, agenda topics will cover a variety of areas including the program of studies, academies, pathways, understanding student campus assignments and academic advisement.
- Parent and Student Involvement: Families will learn how they can actively participate in the project, share their thoughts and suggestions and make the most of this educational opportunity.
- Question and Answer (Q&A) Session: An open forum will be available for any questions participants may have regarding the project or any other aspect of your student’s high school experience.
We invite the community to participate in the following upcoming community engagement sessions hosted online through Zoom:
- Thur., Oct. 26, 2023, at 6:30 p.m.–Program of Studies–Understanding Academies and Pathways.
- Thur., Feb. 15, 2024, at 6:30 p.m.–Understanding Academic Advisement
- Thur., April 18, 2024, at 6:30 p.m.–Community Q&A
ACPS will also provide the community with three newsletter and website updates during the 2023-24 school year, currently scheduled for November 2023, January 2024 and March 2024.
Your partnership with us is invaluable, and together, we can ensure that your child has a successful and enriching high school experience. We look forward to seeing you at the upcoming community engagement meetings. If you have any questions regarding our upcoming community meeting, please email Ask@acps.k12.va.us.
- The High School Project