Top Five Reasons to Complete Back-to-School Forms
While the end of summer can be a busy season for families, it is important to find the time to go online and complete your child’s Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS) back-to-school forms. The benefits truly make the time spent reviewing and filling them out worthwhile.
Here are the top five reasons why these forms are so important to fill out:
- Having current emergency contact information allows schools to reach families about your student or a change in school operations.
- Updating your student’s health information helps safeguard your child’s well being by keeping the school informed of any significant changes important to your child’s health.
- Expressing your opt-out preferences lets ACPS know your wishes on student privacy.
- Completing the Income Survey — for families of students who attend a Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) school — ensures your school receives accurate funding for resources such as meals and enrichment programs.
- Submitting the Free and Reduced Priced Meals (FARM) form — for families of students who do not attend a CEP school — determines student eligibility for free or reduced price school meals and other educational programs and services.
We ask all ACPS families to please complete all Back-to-School information by Sept. 30, 2023. These forms are important for all of our schools and for students of all ages.
Please visit our dedicated webpage with Back-to-School forms that can be accessed through ParentSquare for English and Spanish speaking families. If you need assistance setting up your Parent PowerSchool account, please complete the Parent Access Form. Families who speak Dari, Amharic or Arabic can download the forms as PDFs.
Families who may qualify for FARM and whose children do not attend a CEP school are asked to complete a FARM application online in English, Spanish, Amharic or Arabic. Families who speak Dari can fill out the form in the Back-to-School packet.
- back to school