What Is Science Fair?
Science fairs give students an opportunity experience science in a different way. Students can pursue their own ideas to solve problems that are of interest to them. More than 1,600 middle and high school students submit science fair projects as part of their science classes. The Alexandria City Science Fair then selects more than 200 projects to present to approximately 80 judges. Winners of the Alexandria City Science Fair then move on to compete in the Regional Science Fair. The 2023 Alexandria City Science Fair will be held Thursday, January 26, 2023 at the King Street location of ACHS.
If you are interested in becoming a category judge, please let us know! Signup instructions will be posted early January 2023. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in becoming a judge.
Directions for Completing a Science Fair Project
Scienteer is an online science fair management software system that works like tax software, designed to guide students, teachers and science fair directors through a step by step process, auto-filling forms and documentation.
Student Scienteer accounts will not work until they have received permission from their parent or guardian.
- Steps in Scienteer
- A step-by-step guide for students provided by Scienteer.
Deadlines for the ACPS Science Fair
- IRB: October 7, 2022
- SRC: October 31, 2022
- Science Fair Registration: January 18, 2023
- Alexandria City Science Fair: January 26, 2023 (Snow Date: January 31, 2023)
Science Fair Support
- Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF)
- The International Science and Engineering Fair is an annual science fair in the United States. The rules for the science fair can be found on this page.
- Requirements for the different types of Science Fair Projects
- Use this helpful guide to compare the requirements for different types of projects to help you decide which type of project is right for you.