Skip To Main Content

Main Navigation

Mobile Translate ( don't delete )

Mobile Utility

Header Holder

Header Right

Header Utility


Mobile Toggle ( don't delete )


Apply Online

Application forms were sent to all students' homes. Forms are also available at your school’s main office, or can be downloaded from the ACPS website using the links below. For the fastest results, we encourage you to apply online.

Parents who believe their children may be eligible for free or reduced-price meals should complete the forms and return them to their children's school. Only one application is required per family. The information you provide on the form will be used to determine your child's eligibility for free or reduced-priced meals. This information may also be used for other state or federally funded school benefits such as the waiving of test fees, college applications, and sports fees. A new application is required each school year.

Factors considered in the application process

Household size is a count of all persons, related or unrelated: Including parents, children and grandparents who live in your home and share living expenses. Total household income is the sum of the incomes each household member received last month before taxes - this includes wages, social security, pension, unemployment, welfare, child support, alimony, and any other cash income.

Foster Children

Foster children are eligible for free meal benefits. An application is not needed although documentation is required of the student’s status by a state or local entity. Foster children may be included in the household application as part of the household size.


Resources are available for Amharic, Arabic, and Spanish speakers. Please contact School Nutrition Services at 703-619-8048 for available times.

Additional copies of the Free & Reduced-Price Meal Benefits Status Letter are available on your student's SchoolCafe account online.

Consent to share information for benefits for other programs (PDF)

For questions regarding Free & Reduced-Price Meal Applications and status inquiries, please contact Sonya Grant, Administrative Specialist at or 703-619-8407.

Apply Online for Free and Reduced Price Meals