ESSER III Feedback Form
ACPS is collecting information from the community to guide the school division on the current Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) III Spending Plan released on August 31, 2021. For current use of ESSER III grant funds, please see the following for financial updates: Federal Pandemic Grants updates
The information collected in this survey is not a vote on how the funds should be used, but rather the input submitted will guide the school division as it reviews the current ESSER III Spending Plan. Thank you for your participation.
Please select the form that corresponds to your preferred language from the links below. Response will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on December 11, 2022.
ACPS budget priorities, areas of focus, public hearings and more
Fiscal Year (FY) 2024-33 Community Budget Forum
Alexandria City Public Schools hosted the Fiscal Year (FY) 2024 Combined Funds and the FY 2024-33 Capital Improvement Plans (CIP) Community Budget Forum on Monday, Oct. 17, 2022. Topics included the upcoming budget process, timeline and the fiscal challenges facing ACPS. View the video recording below.
ACPS FY 2024 Annual Budget Process Key Dates
- Oct. 17, 2022: FY 2024 CF Budget and FY 2024-33 CIP Community Budget Forum.
- Oct. 18, 2022: City Council and School Board Joint Work Session on FY 2024-33 CIP Budget.
- Nov. 10, 2022: Presentation of the Superintendent’s Proposed FY 2024-33 CIP Budget.
- Nov. 14, 2022: Public Hearing on the FY 2024-33 CIP Budget
- Nov. 28, 2022: Second School Board Work Session on CIP.
- Dec. 15, 2022: Adoption of FY 2024-33 CIP Budget.
- Jan. 5, 2023: FY 2024 presentation of the Superintendent’s proposed CF budget.
- Jan. 12, 2023: School Board Work Session on CF.
- Jan. 19, 2023: Public Hearing on FY 2024 CF Budget and Second School Board Work Session on CF.
- Feb. 16, 2023: Adoption of the FY 2024 approved budget.
- May 4, 2023: Superintendent’s Adjusted Proposed Budget on FY 2024 CF and FY 2024-33 CIP Budgets.
- May 18, 2023: Public Hearing on the FY 2024 CF Budget and FY 2024-33 CIP Budgets.
- June 1, 2023: Adoption of the FY 2024 final budget.
Development and planning of the Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS) budget are a year-long undertaking consisting of discussions and modifications. The budget approval process features three significant milestones; the Superintendent's Presentation of the Proposed Budget, the Adoption of the Approved Budget, and the Adoption of the Final Budget.
The ACPS budget is funded in two parts; Combined Funds (CF) and Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Budgets.
The Combined Funds Budget consists of three separate funds; Operating, Grant and Special Projects, and School Nutrition.
The Operating Budget: Approximately 88% of expenditures comprise salaries and benefits, with the remainder consisting of non-compensation costs.
The Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Budget: Separate from the CF Budget, the CIP budget funds capital improvements and modernization projects.
Budget Priorities and Areas of Focus
The School Board Budget Priorities align with the ACPS 2025 Strategic Plan Goals to guide decision-making throughout the budget process. The Superintendent develops Focus Areas based on these School Board Budget Priorities.
The Alexandria City School Board held virtual public hearings on the FY 2023 Combined Funds and FY 2023-2032 Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Budgets during School Board Meetings on the following dates.
- January 20, 2022 (Combined Funds)
- May 19, 2022
For more information, please contact the Clerk of the Board at 703-619-8316 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FY 2023 CF Budget - Add Delete Compilation Cosponsorship (PDF)
- FY 2023 CF Budget - School Board Questions and Responses as of January 28, 2022 (PDF)
- FY 2023-2032 CIP Budget - School Board Questions and Responses as of November 19, 2021 (PDF)
- FY 2022 CF Budget Add Delete Compilation Cosponsorship (PDF)
- FY 2022 School Board Questions and Responses as of May 11, 2021 (PDF)
- FY 2022 School Board Questions and Responses as of January 29, 2021 (PDF)
Budget Documents, Videos, and Key Information
- FY 2023 Budget Process Resolution & Rules of Engagement
- FY 2023 Budget Calendar
- Chart of Accounts Book Revised June 2022 (PDF)
- FY 2023 Budget Planning Manual as of October 2021 (PDF)
- FY 2023 Additional Request Form (Excel)
Budget information for the City of Alexandria can be found on the City of Alexandria website.
ACPS Budget: Where the Money Goes
FY 2023 Community Budget Forum—Oct. 19, 2021
FY 2022 Community Budget Forum