Our goal is to create welcoming environments to engage all families in becoming authentic co-owners of our schools who share the responsibility for each student to become college, career, and life ready.
Through relationship building and building staff and parent capacity, we create opportunities for family participation in learning, leadership, and advocacy that result in high levels of academic achievement and life opportunities for individual students and the entire school.
Our School Division also has Family Liaisons in many of our schools, including language-specific Family Liaisons who serve the needs of Arabic-, Amharic-, Dari/Farsi- and Spanish-speaking families division-wide. These school staff members work as connectors between home and school.
What are Family Liaisons?
Family Liaisons are responsible for developing relationships with families that foster trust between families and the school to support students’ successful academic and social-emotional development.
How can a Family Liaison help me?
Family Liaisons work to bridge communication between school and home by connecting parents/caregivers to the educational information, tools and support they need to ensure their child's academic success and healthy social-emotional development at home. They work towards our goal of engaging families to be equal partners with our schools in supporting the success of all students.
- Assisting families in navigating the school system
- Connecting families with school personnel (teachers, social workers, special education, etc.)
- Developing educational opportunities for families (math and literacy workshops)
- Parent Orientation Meetings
- Connecting families with volunteer opportunities
- Addressing any issues and concerns you may have at the school
- Connecting you and your family with educational opportunities to support your child at home
- Facilitating parent meetings, workshops, and leadership development in collaboration with teachers