Bridge communications with a Family Liaison
Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS) is committed to creating meaningful partnerships with families to support our students’ academic and social-emotional development.
Our goal is to create welcoming environments to engage all families in becoming authentic co-owners of our schools who share the responsibility for each student to become college, career, and life ready.
Through relationship building and building staff and parent capacity, we create opportunities for family participation in learning, leadership, and advocacy that result in high levels of academic achievement and life opportunities for individual students and the entire school.
Our School Division also has Family Liaisons in many of our schools including, language-specific Family Liaisons who serve the needs of Arabic-, Amharic-, and Spanish-speaking families division-wide.
What are Family Liaisons?
Family Liaisons are responsible for developing relationships with families that foster trust between families and the school to support students’ successful academic and social-emotional development.
How can the Family Liaison help me?
Family Liaisons work to bridge communication between school and home by helping parents get the information, support, and help they need to ensure their child’s academic and social success in school and beyond.
- Assisting with Parent/Teacher or Staff meetings
- Arranging for an interpreter
- Back to School Nights
- Parent Orientation Meeting
- Helping to find opportunities to volunteer
- Addressing any issues and concerns you may have at the school
- Connecting you and your family with educational opportunities to support your child at home
- Facilitate parent meetings, workshops, and leadership development in collaboration with teachers