Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS) values the role that external organizations play through the services and programs they offer to our students, staff, and community. They encourage a sense of community ownership of our schools and support the development of the academic, social, physical, creative, and emotional needs of students. We appreciate the strong relationships we have with partners, especially in these challenging times.
Become an Official ACPS PartnerIf you are interested in becoming an official partner through the Office of Community Partnerships & Engagement, please contact Executive Director of Community Partnerships and Engagement Kurt Huffman. After contacting Kurt Huffman, here are the next steps that will occur:
- Review: The ACPS Community Partnerships and Engagement team will review the request and, if aligned, work with the partner to create an official ACPS Partnership Agreement form.
- Creation of an official ACPS Partnership Agreement: The ACPS Community Partnerships and Engagement team will work with the partner and aligned leadership to get an agreement through the stages to signature status.
- Connect: After the agreement has been signed and approved, the partner connects with aligned leadership/staff to establish the next steps of implementation.
- Partner Support Implementation: Partner implements the program. To ensure the partner is following ACPS policies and regulations, building/department leadership/staff will create a series of check-ins with partners, students, and families involved in partner programming.
- Impact Review and Reflect: The Community Partnerships & Engagement team will connect with the partner monthly to review and reflect on impact data and provide any needed support.
If your programming or partnership involves any type of fee/cost, please visit our ACPS vendor page to learn more. If your programming does involve a fee/cost, you can also discuss the potential partnership with our PTA/PTAC organizations. If you would like to simply provide information to students/staff of ACPS regarding your programming and charge a Fee/Cost, please visit our Communications PeachJar Flyer page.
The Office of Community Partnerships and Engagement recognizes the importance of connecting our partners through the use of effective communication, grant opportunities, and other resources and tools. Please feel free to contact us to inquire about more information regarding partners. For ACPS Employees, please feel free to CLICK HERE to access internal partnership information.