ParentSquare is the primary platform for school-home communication in Alexandria City Public Schools. ParentSquare allows ACPS to unify communication to K-12 families from the division, schools and classrooms under one umbrella.
With ParentSquare families will be able to:
- Receive messages from school via email, text or mobile app.
- Choose to receive information as it comes (Instant) or all at once at around 6:00 pm (Daily Digest).
- Communicate in your preferred language.
- Send two-way texts with automated translation between staff and families.
- Receive attendance notifications with the option to send in a digital note to excuse your student’s absence.
- Sign up for parent-teacher conferences.
- Sign permission slips and more all from your computer or mobile device.
Tips for Families
- Download the App!
It’s easy to stay in the loop with the ParentSquare app. Download it now for iOS or Android devices.
- Activate Your Account
Follow the link in your activation email/text, or sign up on parentsquare.com or via the ParentSquare app. (You must use the email address or cell phone number provided during enrollment or registration.)
- Set Preferences
If you’re using the app, select the menu in the top left of the screen to set your language preferences and how often you want to receive notifications. If you’re using the website, select your name in the upper right.
- Sync Your Calendar
Select ‘Events’ from the bottom of the screen in the app and then ‘Subscribe’ to sync the district, school, classroom or group calendar to your phone’s calendar.
- Find Staff
Select ‘School Directory’ from the ‘More’ menu at the bottom right of the app for the names and positions of teachers and staff. If you’re using the website, select ‘Directory’ from the left sidebar.
- Appreciate Posts
Select ‘Appreciate’ in your email/app or website to thank a teacher or staff member for a post.
To RSVP for upcoming events or sign-up for parent-teacher conferences, select the ‘More’ menu at the bottom right of the app. If you’re using the website, select ‘Sign Ups & RSVPs’ in the sidebar to see available opportunities.
- Comment or Reply
You can select ‘Comment’ in the app or on the website to privately ask a question about the post that your teacher or school sent. Comments and replies in ParentSquare are not publicly posted.
- Get in Touch
‘Messages’ on the bottom of the screen in the app (or the sidebar on the website) lets you privately get in touch with staff.
- What is ParentSquare?
- Will ParentSquare be used for classroom assignments?
- Will parents receive notifications from ParentSquare if they do not sign up for ParentSquare?
- I cannot sign into ParentSquare. What is the first step?
- Why doesn't my ParentSquare invitation link work?
- I’m having trouble activating my account. Why am I not receiving a verification email or text message?
- How can I update my information (email address, phone number)?
- I combined accounts and would like to unmerge them. How can I do so?
- How do I opt-out of receiving notifications from ParentSquare?
- Can I use ParentSquare on my mobile device?
- I missed the initial invitation to ParentSquare. How do I access it for the first time?
It is our hope that ACPS's partnership with ParentSquare will create an even stronger dialogue between school and home, and will help empower even more families to stay connected and informed.
ACPS parents/guardians are invited to log into the ParentSquare website or download the app using the email address or cell phone number that they provided to their child’s school. Families can set notification preferences and make sure they are ready to communicate with ACPS throughout the school year!