Office of English Learner Services
ACPS provides a program of language instruction so that students meet the same challenging academic content and student achievement standards that all students are expected to meet while they develop English language proficiency.
ACPS Enrollment at the EL Office
The English Learner (EL) Office is located at the Central Office building of Alexandria City Public Schools. Our address is 1340 Braddock Place (1st Floor) Alexandria, VA 22314.
Our address is close to the Braddock Metro Station and George Washington Middle School.
Parking: Please park in the Braddock Metro Center underground parking garage located at 1330 Braddock Place. See the ACPS security officer to sign in and for parking validation (1st Floor Lobby). ACPS is not liable if you park elsewhere and are towed.
If a primary language other than English is spoken in your home, register your child for school at the Office of English Learner (EL) Services. All families who may need assistance with English may also register at the EL Office. Please call 703-619-8022 for more information.
For more information on registering, visit the ACPS Enrollment page.
English Learner Department Description
- We encourage making an appointment with the EL Office. Please call 703-619-8022 or 703-619-8332 to make an appointment. Registration hours are 8:30am-2:00pm Monday-Friday. You can also email us at ELOffice@acps.k12.va.us.
- Bring the following:
- Original birth certificate of child
- Immunization record and a recent negative TB test. For students entering K-5th grade, a physical exam is also required
- Photo ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.) of legal guardian.
- Current apartment lease or mortgage statement.
- If the apartment lease/mortgage statement is not in your name, you will need to complete the Shared Housing Form A/B. The apartment lease/mortgage statement is still needed.
- Two additional proofs of residency (recent) in the name of the legal guardian. Examples of acceptable documents are utility bills, pay stubs, bank statements, recent taxes, etc. Speak with a staff member in the office for other acceptable documents
- Last school records of child
- Student must be present for assessments, unless otherwise instructed by the EL Office
Executive Director of English Learner Services