Special Education Parent Resource Center
The Anne R. Lipnick Special Education Parent Resource Center (PRC) assists parents to become partners in their child's education. Focusing on the child's needs, we promote training parents to be advocates for their children while establishing cooperative partnerships between families and schools.
The PRC serves the diverse families of children with disabilities in the Alexandria City community. We promote the understanding of the special education process, by conducting free workshops and training sessions. Parent support groups, individual support and consultations are also available. Our services are available at no charge to all residents of Alexandria with children ages 2 to 22, regardless of whether enrolled in public school, private school, preschool, or at home.
At the Parent Resource Center you can:
Family Engagement Workshops
Access the Family Engagement Series workshops in multiple languages. All workshops are posted on the calendar.
- learn about the special education process
- learn how to work collaboratively with the school system
- meet other parents of children with disabilities
- borrow materials from our lending library, available to parents and teachers
- access our resource file, which has information about different disabilities, inclusion, accommodations and adaptations, writing IEPs, and more
- learn about the many different ways special education services can be provided
Anne R. Lipnick Special Education Parent Resource Center
Alexandria City High School Minnie Howard Campus
3801 West Braddock Road, Room 134
Alexandria, VA 22302
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
Parent Support Specialist
Courtney P. Davis, Ph.D.